Boise… a city in the banana belt and a member of the Treasure Valley. One of the fastest growing cities in the nation that provides thriving city live with pubs, night life and theaters as well as great outdoors like skiing, mountain climbing, trail riding and more! What all is there to do in Boise? Here are the top 5 things to do on your visit to the City of Trees!
- Bogus Basin Mountain! Experience this winter season some of Idaho’s best, most affordable skiing and snowboarding. And during the summer, try out the biking and hiking trials that hill the Boise foothills.
- Terrific Restaurants: From fresh caught salmon, slow roasted pork and other delicious cuisines Boise has it all. It could be called the melting pot of food options in the Mid-West. You must stop in to places like The Fork, Eureka or Capital Cellers.
- Boise Green Belt: 25 miles of paved trail along the Boise River. Beautiful nature and parks populate along the trial. This serves as a route for many native citizens to get to and from work. Along the trial is also some of the best restaurants and sites in Boise!
- Boise State University: Home of the Boise State Broncos and their blue turf field! This team may be in secluded Idaho but they bring the game to wherever they go. The University is best know for their Health and Business graduates. Their campus is beautiful and has specified buildings for those learning from companies like HP and Micron! Live Broadway productions are often held at the Morison Center, Boise State’s preforming arts center.
- Idaho Botanical Garden: Located net to the Old history Penitentiary Center on 50 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens. This winter come see Winter-a-glow, a lit production with over 550,000 energy efficient lights. Or stop by in the spring and see the flowers in bloom among the other multiple varieties of plant life.
If you are still unsure of all there is to do here in Boise and you want to dive in deeper visit the local chamber of commerce or their website https://www.boisechamber.org/
Come and See! You will love your visit to the City of Trees in the the beautiful Treasure Valley.